Cyndi Johnson, a certified nurse-midwife (CNM) created Family Birth & Women’s Health as a practice dedicated to caring for women throughout their childbearing experience and beyond. Family Birth provides prenatal, labor & birth, postpartum, and well-woman care.
The philosophy of Family Birth is based on the belief that, for the vast majority of women, childbirth is a normal physiologic process that changes the constellation of a family and deserves the utmost care and support. When the woman is the central focus, her health is promoted, she feels safe in her birth environment, she is respected as a unique individual, and her natural efforts to birth are supported, her childbirth experience will proceed with the best possible outcome.
- Instill confidence in women and support their own efforts to give birth.
- Encourage women in taking responsibility for their health by encouraging and educating women to be true participants in their care.
- Provide an environment that is conducive to family-centered care.
- Offer an environment of respect, support, and privacy for laboring women and their families.
- Respect and encourage expressions of cultural diversity.
- Provide safe care to low-risk women during the prenatal, labor and birth, postpartum period and beyond.